2014年11月13日木曜日

Never Seconds

Hello everyone. Today I would like to talk about what I thought reading "Never Seconds."

 
  • What do you think of Martha Payne and what she accomplished?
  • Speaking of what she achieved, I think she is incredibly awesome. I could not have done what she accomplished when I was in the age of hers. It is really interesting that she decided to discover about school lunch also in overseas.

  • What are your memories of your school lunches?
  • In Japan, every students has the same lunch prepared for the day. However, that was what was different from my school in Morocco. I used to live in Morocco when I was in elementry school. My school prepared for various kinds of lunch every day, so we were able to choose what to eat. My memories in my school was that school lunch was made mainly for Islams, because Morocco is an Islamic country. Therefore, there were no pork in the cuisine.  Still, the menu was delicious and I used to love it. School lunch reminds me of my good days.

  • Did you feel that you had any input on the nature or quality of your school lunches?
  • I wasn't actually eating school lunch in the veiwpoint of nature or quality, so to be honest, I am not sure about the reality. However, maybe it did include vegetables and fruites made locally,.
  • What do you think of the dining facilities at AGU and how do you think they can be improved?
    I think it should be more nutritious. Since they rarely include meat and vegetable, I think it is quite unbalanced.

  • What creative way(s) do you think we (individually or as AGU students) can help others in the world less fortunate than us...especially in connection to food?
  • What is important is to reduce the amount of food we throw away. In Japan, over seventeen million tons of food are disposed annually. Waste reduction may not help the world less fortunate than us directly, but it is necessary for us not to throw away such a huge amount of food.

    1 件のコメント:

    1. It's very interesting to me to hear you speak of your experiences in Morocco. I suppose you had plenty of couscous in your lunches and perhaps pita beard, and lamb as the main type of meat. I like the thoughtful way you responded to the last question. I heard of a restaurant that charges customers extra for food that they leave on their plates. It's a restaurant with a buffet. I think it's a good and creative way for them to eliminate waste.

      返信削除